You’re pregnant! Congratulations!
Over 9 months your body will transform to create a tiny little human all by itself – you don’t really have to do anything (sort of). It’s pretty amazing when you think about it.
Although you might be taking a back seat in the process, you may already be feeling the changes in your body. As your body grows, your center of gravity and posture will alter and your ligaments will be loosening in preparation for the birth.
Some of the uncomfortable physical symptoms you might be feeling are:
- Low back pain
- Pain at the back or front of the pelvis
- Pain when walking or getting in and out of the car
- Difficulty sleeping due to pain or discomfort
- Sciatic pain or pain that travels down your bottom into your leg
How I can help:
- Chiropractic care to help you manage the physical changes happening in your body
- Nurturing and supportive environment
- Exercises you (and your partner) can do at home to prepare for the birth and use during labour
- Prenatal yoga classes to help calm, nourish and prepare your body for birth
Birth preparation: I have also trained in Optimal Maternal Positioning (OMP) and would love to share ways that you (and your birth partner) can prepare for the birth of your little one. It’s never to early to start preparing.
Pregnancy Chiropractic Care
Pregnancy is an amazing time of transformation for women, both physically and emotionally. Chiropractic care is a natural way to help you navigate those changes.
Our chiropractor, Dr Kimberley Garrard, uses gentle techniques to bring balance to your body, especially your pelvis. She aims to reduce your physical symptoms (like back pain or pelvic girdle pain), improve the way your body functions and support you to have a more comfortable pregnancy.