Yoga For Pregnancy
Practicing yoga throughout your pregnancy is a beautiful way to prepare your body and mind for not just the birth, but also for your journey into motherhood.
We offer small group yoga classes with no more than 4 participants. A smaller, more intimate class allows you to relax and feel nurtured, knowing that you will receive the attention that you need.
There are many benefits to practicing yoga throughout your pregnancy. Some findings of recent researchsuggest that prenatal yoga may:
- reduce pelvic pain
- decrease pain at the delivery
- decrease stress by lowering cortisol levels(lower cortisol levels are needed to go into labour naturally)
- improve mood and positive thinking
- increase the confidence of pregnant women from labour into the postpartum period
- improve perinatal outcomes (obstetrical complications, delivery time, etc.)
- decreased depression and anxiety
- Kawanishi, Yasuyuki, Hanley, Sharon, Tabata, Kazuki (et.al.). (2015). Effects of prenatal yoga: a systematic review of randomized controlled trials. 10.11236/jph.62.5_221
- Danti, Renita & Nuzuliana, Rosmita & Fitriana, Herlin. (2020). Prenatal Yoga for Mental Health: A Systematic Literature Review. 10.2991/ahsr.k.200311.052.
PRENATAL YOGA CLASS:
Saturday 8am (1hr)
Join Dr Kimberley (chiro) as she guides you through a nourishing and gentle hatha yoga class. This class is suitable for all levels of experience.
When you book for your first class you will receive an online health questionnaire. Please complete this to the best of your ability. It allows us to ensure that the class is suitable for you, particularly if you have any health concerns.
$30 per class (casual visit)
$125 class pass (5 visits) – 3 month expiry from date of first class
To gain the most benefits and to better support you it is recommended to practice regularly.
All equipment is provided, but please feel free to bring your own yoga mat if you prefer. Please wear comfortable clothing.
(select Group Sessions when booking online)